:: Monday, 28 March 2005 ::
What am I talking about?
Do not get me wrong. Never met him but Rogel L. Simon, mystery writer is a daily must read for me cos his judgement is always so good.
But how about this post all about new info to do with the oil-For-Food scandal and Kojo Annan's involvement.
Roger gives, as a timeframe, 'early Autumn 2002'. Well, that would be April in the Southern hemisphere or September in the Northern, right? I imagine Roger just preumes Northern, which is unstandable but not forgivable. Just pick a month already.
So which is it?
While the hemispherism offends me, here currently in the better half of the planet where Oz is located, what really gets me is how nothing this 'new' info is.
It seems to me that what we are meant to get excited about is this:
- Kojo Annan meets some French/Nigerian guy July 14, 1998.
- within about 6 weeks the two of them have had a couple of meetings with Iraqi ambassadors - plural, weird - to Nigeria. At these meetings Kojo "presented the business card of Cotecna" - interesting, he did not present himself as a representative of the company, just handed over a card?
- in September Kojo had lunch with his dad, Kofi, and the French/Nigerian guy attended. This was in Sthfreka. Kojo told his dad what he ahd been up to with the French/Nigerian guy, in a business sense natch, presumably to keep dad informed and have approval - or more to the point, no disapproval from dad.
- over the coming 4 years the French/Nigerian guy and Kojo drop out of contact.
- 4 years later - let's go with August 2002 - with the Americans about to slap Iraq upside the head big time in operation Iraqi Freedom, the Iraqi Ambassador - singular this time - to Nigeria makes a surprise call to the FrenchNigerian guy asking about Kojo. And nothing happens.
What is this?
It is a big nothing.
As a taster of delicious scoopy info to come it is not even a palate cleansing sorbet.
It is a gulp full of fresh air.
Did anybody else read that post and think the same as me?
I cannot post at Roger's site, and anyway I do not want to rain on a parade that is only just starting.
Lovelovelove Roger but I really want him to put some meat on these brittle bones.
:: WB 6:26 pm [link+] ::